Proper interior ventilation is essential to your family’s health, comfort and overall well-being. It helps your home rid itself of moisture, smoke, cooking odors, and indoor pollutants. When it comes to keeping our homes well-ventilated there are many options we can implement. Today we share with you 6 natural methods that you can use to ensure that your home is properly ventilated.
- Ground Cover: Not only does ground cover improve the physical appeal of a property, it also aids in reducing heat levels. By using ground cover options such as having a well-manicured lawn or by using any low heat absorbing materials the heat retained in the ground is very minimal. This greatly helps guiding cool air inside the home.
- Water: When we think of cooling off the first thought that may come to mind is having a cool glass of water or enjoying a refreshing bathe. Just as water can be used to cool our bodies it can cool our homes as well. Having a water fountain or swimming pools can act as transition spaces where air is naturally cooled before entering the home.
- Windows: When installing windows ensure that they are at least 3.6 feet high. This helps with the circulation of air within the home and reduces the heat levels on the ceiling. Keep them opened as frequent as possible to take advantage of fresh air filling the home.
- Clerestories: A clerestory is a high section of wall that contains windows above eye level. Not only do they provide natural lighting, but they also improve air circulation. When hot air rises a clerestory acts as a vent and space for the hot air to accumulate and exit.
- Outdoor Space: Incorporating outdoor living spaces such as porches, balconies that connect with the indoors significantly improves the air flow into the home.
Do you know of any other methods that can be used to naturally ventilate your home? Share with us below.
If you need any clarification on this topic, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Garn Todd Joseph
Website & Advertising Assistant for the Millenia Group of Companies