Clifton Capuchin Resource Center
ENGINEERING DESIGN AND SUPERVISION OF WORKS AT CLIFTON CAPUCHIN RESOURCE CENTER
Client: Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GOCD) – Ministry of Social Services, Gender Affairs and Information via BNTF Project-5 (Basic Needs Trust Fund 5 Programme)
Scope of Work: The project of the Clifton Capuchin Resource Center consists of the construction of a concrete building to serve as a multi-purpose/educational centre which will incorporate an auditorium with stage, a library/computer room, office, kitchenette, pre-school, toilette (male and female) and bathroom.
Specifically, the tasks undertaken by SCL included but were not limited to the following:
• Liaised with Project Manager and review requirements and documents of the project with Primary Stakeholders.
• Preliminary Design which included:
a) Assessment of site conditions and constraints.
b) Obtaining digital survey and measurement for proposed fencing and rehabilitation of access to property
c) Assessing and conducting architectural and engineering services necessary for the new concrete building, the associated fencing and road works were done at Capuchin.
d) Assessment of existing road/ access condition and the actual length and width of the property access were rehabilitated
e) Production of preliminary drawings, plans and specifications.
f) Provision of cost estimate to compare with budget.
g) Comment on scope of works based on budget.
• Revision to scope and comments by Client, if any.
• Further development of Preliminary Design.
• Review and verification that designs/sketches and specifications are valid.
• Preparation of Tender Documents
a) General Conditions
b) Design Drawings
c) Technical Specifications
d) Bill of Quantities
• Final Design
• Assist the Project Manager in pre-selection of qualified local contractors.
• Preparation of tender documents
• Tender invitation
• Coordination and attendance of site visit for tenderers.
• Assistance with queries during Tender period
• Tender Opening
• Preparation and submission of tender evaluation report.
- Contracting Investor Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GOCD)