Client: Banana Industry Trust, Roseau, Dominica
Scope of Work: Supervision of Works for Castle Bruce Irrigation and Drainage Projects SCL was awarded in 2005 the consultancy contract for Supervision of Works for Castle Bruce Irrigation and Drainage Projects.
Irrigation project: The irrigation project is targeted to supply off-farm infrastructure for 360 acres of farmland. It involves the following activities:
- Construction of “Over Weir Extraction” Intake on the Fond Figues River.
- Installation of approx. 2000m of 400 and 315mm PVC pipes respectively,
- 600m of 400mm ductile iron pipe on the surface and subsurface were applicable with appropriate
- Support and safety structures being applied to all pipes installed on the surface.
- Construction of appropriate river and ravine crossings for pipes.
- Installation of air valves, filter stations and head stations at farm gates.
Drainage project: The drainage project is targeted to the removal of excess water from approximately 360 acres of farmland and involves the following:
- Clearing and redefinition of existing drains
- Excavation of new drains
- River bank protection
- Construction of culvert crossings
- All activities will be off-farm with only the primary drains/ditches within the locality being targeted.
- Construction Date February 20, 2015
- Surface Area Castle Bruce, Dominica
- Contracting Investor Banana Industry Trust, Roseau, Dominica